Saturday, January 5, 2013

Weekend Sewing: Handmade Skirt

This morning I whipped up a new skirt in just under an hour and used only one yard of fabric. This lovely purple plaid has been sitting in my fabric stash for about three years now (sad, I know), and I've been meaning to make a skirt all this time. This is the tutorial I semi-followed, "A Very Simple Skirt Tutorial" on the totally cute blog Sweet Verbana. I found it through Pinterest and pinned it to my board of DIYs for 2013.
 I really loved the method of inserting the elastic she used and the fact that there was no zipper! I did however, hem the edges of my skirt and lined them with extra-wide bias tape. I'm really happy with the way that my skirt turned out and will be wearing it to work quite often. 


I've got some painting projects planned for the rest of the weekend, and I'm working on some throw pillows. I have a living room makeover in the works...pics to come soon!
Pin It!

1 comment: