Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Easy Washi Tape Card DIY

Hey there, Katie here. I'm guest posting today, which makes me happy. I love doing guest posts for other blogs. :) Today I made a card, hope you like it.

Every now and then I like to participate in a fun crafty challenge. On the Club Creating Keepsakes website there are a lot of layout challenges and card challenges in the message boards. 

One of this weeks card challenges was to make a card using either a rainbow or the colors of a rainbow. Since I got a bunch of washi tape on clearance recently I really wanted to use it, so I decided to make a washi tape rainbow. ;) Here's how:
1. Use either a premade card or cut a 8"x6" piece of cardstock and fold it in half so that it is 4"x6" for the base.
2. Cut out 6 1.5"x1.5" squares from paper. Cover each one in a different color of washi tape.
3. Arrange them on to your card, you can mix them up if you want but I tried to stick with ROYGBIV, glue them down.
4. Cut out a small "ribbon" from cardstock, ink the edges and write your sentiment onto it. Glue it down on to one of your washi tape covered squares.

I didn't have much in the way of orange or yellow washi, so I made my own by coloring masking tape with sharpie markers. That's an easy peasey way to make your own washi in custom colors and patterns!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment