I got a kitten last week. His name is Sisko, he's about 10 weeks old. He's a real little monster but also very snuggly and gets into everything (See the glitter disaster above?). He was abandoned in Miami and I am so happy to give him a home.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
- 1 jar of your favorite Alfredo Sauce (or make your own, it's quite easy. new recipe post?)
- Uncooked lasagne noodles
- 1 16 ounce tub of ricotta
- mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, grated for topping
- dried basil and oregano
- garlic powder
2. Layer noodles, ricotta, Alfredo sauce in a casserole or Pyrex dish.
3. Top with a generous amount of mozzarella and parmesan, then sprinkle on garlic powder, and crushed dried spices.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F, only until the lasagna is hot and cheese is melted, 10-20 minutes.
Note: Katie and I were quite puzzled that the noodles are called lasagne with an E but once the dish is put together we call it lasagna with an A. Does this bother anyone else? No... oh okay never mind. It doesn't bother us either :)
Posted by Anonymous at 5:06 AM
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
I just finished this book, Firefly Lane, by Kristin Hannah. If you delight in a story line of best friends that wanders on and on throughout their entire lives, this is a winner. I loved the book actually, which begins with Tully and Kate, two best friends in the 1970's. The writer describes the characters' very different personalities in an incredible way. My only criticism about the book is that the end is not necessarily what you'd call happy. But overall, it's an entertaining and enjoyable story about lifelong friends.
My life is so busy right now. Tonight I'm making white lasagna for dinner...recipe to follow!
Posted by Anonymous at 7:17 AM