My Christmas tree this year is pretty unusual. Last year my tree was black and silver and green, the year before was Star Trek themed I believe. But this year, I had a feeling if I put up a real tree, every day would be 6 month old kitten vs. Christmas tree and the cat would win. That being said, I still wanted something....So, I made a cat-proof tree. I love how it turned out. See the pics and instructions below if you've got a pet that is the mortal enemy of any holiday decorations!
1. You will need to cut 10 circles (or whatever shape you like) in green patterned papers. I used my Cricut, but you could easily cut by hand. The bottom row is 10 inches, and the remaining circles are 9 inches.
2. Cut a large rectangle for the tree trunk and a star for the topper (my star is 7 inches).
3. Highlight your topper by running a glue stick along the edges and dipping in glitter.
4. Adhere to the wall with a tape, sticky-tack, etc.
5. Pile the presents underneath!