Sunday, December 2, 2012

DIY Paper Christmas Tree

 My Christmas tree this year is pretty unusual. Last year my tree was black and silver and green, the year before was Star Trek themed I believe. But this year, I had a feeling if I put up a real tree, every day would be 6 month old kitten vs. Christmas tree and the cat would win. That being said, I still wanted something....So, I made a cat-proof tree. I love how it turned out. See the pics and instructions below if you've got a pet that is the mortal enemy of any holiday decorations!

1. You will need to cut 10 circles (or whatever shape you like) in green patterned papers. I used my Cricut, but you could easily cut by hand. The bottom row is 10 inches, and the remaining circles are 9 inches.
2. Cut a large rectangle for the tree trunk and a star for the topper (my star is 7 inches). 
3. Highlight your topper by running a glue stick along the edges and dipping in glitter.
4. Adhere to the wall with a tape, sticky-tack, etc. 
5. Pile the presents underneath!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! Sisko would have a hard time destroying this tree. Also, I love that you dipped the star in glitter

    ReplyDelete