I'm happy to share with you today a recycle-themed DIY. There are several photos of vases and jars similar to this going around the internet (but I cannot seem to track down the original source) but mine involves glitter (of course!). I'm recycling an old bottle in this tutorial and giving it a beautiful purpose. See the tutorial below!
An old bottle
Hot glue gun
Gold Liquid Leaf paint (or any acrylic paint)
Sponge paint brush
1. Using your hot glue gun, write out a word on the bottle. I chose the word "free."
Here's an up close shot of mine: be sure to make your letters with lots of glue (volume) so it stands out against the bottle. Don't forget to rub off the hot glue stringies!
2. Sponge on gold leaf paint. It's really important to use a sponge brush so that the paint doesn't create streaks up and down the bottle. It also covers the hot glue better.
Here's a photo of the finished paint job: I really like the antique-y look gold leaf paint gives it.
3. Rub your glue stick over the word that you've glued on. Be sure to get glue only on your letters!
4. Sprinkle glitter over the glue. Using a paintbrush, brush away excess glitter. Let dry.
5. Fill with flowers and display!